Friday, December 02, 2005

Apology and Links

I am trying to get Heather's recipe for Apple Crisp with Yams for breakfast. I have one last Yam from the holidays that needs to be eaten. I'll post it when she emails me back. I've been trying to get it since last July, though... so maybe I should move on with other recipes of interest?

We had Falafels in Pita pockets with lettuce, Shwarma Sauce & tomato slices Monday night. You really don't need a "recipe" for this, but I will post the Shwarma Sauce recipe soon, since my husband made that. I use the "telma" brand of Falafel mix, and we love them! In case you don't know what a Falafel is, it is a round fried ball of herbs and mashed, seasoned chick-peas that is a wonderful vegetarian substitute for meat that fills you up. This is a favorite food in the Mid-East and Israel. We also had Hummus & Olives on the side.

Tuesday night, we had blackened Tilapia, Cajun Chicken breasts, Green Beans, Peas, and Jambalaya without the meat (seasoned rice - Zatarain's Mix).

Wednesday night, we broke down and went to Jason's Deli, where we had Baked Potatoes, Salad, Ranchero Wraps, and French Onion Soup.

Last night, I cooked Tacos, Home Made Spanish Rice, and Refried Beans. I am not sure I want to share my Spanish Rice recipe... it is my prize possession. My grandma handed it down to me. I have made it many different ways, and last night I added a secret ingredient that really changed the flavor and made it taste more like a Spanish friend of mine makes it.

Tonight, we are having Tilapia again... not sure how we'll cook it. We've really been shunning the beef and chicken, and have been very much more keen on fish lately.

I apologize for not coming in here more often to post recipes... Hopefully I can get a few posted next week. We're eating at home almost every night now, so I've been more busy cooking than ever.

In the mean time, enjoy my updated sidebar links. I included a few that were passed on to me via email.


Happy Cooking!

No comments: