Saturday, October 13, 2007

Menu and Stuff

I'm sorry for neglecting this blog. That's probably how I start every discussion post in here... but I do have a few other blog projects that I work on out here in cyber-land, so I stay pretty busy. Blogs and homeschooling are enough to keep a mom on her toes. If you want to visit me elsewhere on the net, you can stop by my busy personal blog (updated daily) or my group blog (updated daily by 15 great homeschool moms).

I have a stack of recipes on my desk waiting to be typed up to go in here... but I just haven't had the time to sit down and play secretary. In the mean time, I figured I would make a little more effort in keeping this blog updated at least on a weekly basis.

So here is my menu plan for this week at our house:

Wednesday last:
Breakfast: sausage, egg, toast with jelly
Snack: apple slices & peanut butter
Lunch: tuna sandwich (mom), kid tub meals (beans & weenies, abc 123 pasta w/ meat) & crackers with water
Dinner: eat out Mexican

Thursday last:
Breakfast: breakfast tacos at restaurant, water
Lunch: picnic lunch (PBJ sandwiches, bananas, pickles, cookie dough, chips, water)
Dinner: Chicken Chilaquiles casserole (with roasted pablano peppers), Mexican corn, black beans, coke

Friday last:
Breakfast: cereal, orange juice
Lunch: eat out with grandma at Whataburger
Dinner: Parmesan Chicken w/ red sauce, Medieval Vermicelli, Asparagus w/ Eggs Mornay

Saturday (today):
Breakfast: home-made buttermilk biscuits, bacon, jelly, eggs, coffee, juice
Lunch: Company BBQ
Dinner: skip it, or cereal, or dessert (we ate late for breakfast and lunch)

Sunday:
Breakfast: cereal
Lunch: Chicken Enchilada Soup for potluck at church
Dinner: Greek Salad and oatmeal cookies for potluck at small group

Monday:
Breakfast: oatmeal, toast, juice
Lunch: Sweet Potato soup, chinese biscuits, tea
Dinner: Lentil Salad, Chicken Diane, Roll or bread, water

Tuesday:
Breakfast: fruit, sausage, sweet potato muffins
Lunch: Grilled cheese and tomato soup
Dinner: Welfare Burgers, boxed noodle pasta, baked green beans, apricot spritzer

Wednesday:
Breakfast: cereal, water
Lunch: baked potatoes, tea, fruit
Dinner: Lasagna, salad, tea, Florentine cookies

Thursday:
Breakfast: cream of wheat, toast, grape juice
Lunch: Out - fast food or sack lunch (field trip), leftover cookies
Dinner: Fried rice, Sesame Chicken Fingers, Thai Tea

Friday:
Breakfast: cheese toast, chocolate milk
Lunch: canned soups, crackers, sweet tea
Dinner: OUT (payday!)


Subscribe to Gathering Manna by Email

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: