Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Kristen's Wedding Cake



What is it about wedding cakes that make them all have 'issues'? Mine nearly fell over at my reception. Seems Kristen (although her day seemed nearly perfect) had the same trouble with hers.

Looks pretty, right? Well I don't know if it was the heat or what... but it started to lean and slide.



Her wedding party had to do 'cake surgery'. They cut the top off and set it up beside the bottom on another tray. The cake in the background is a TIRE cake. That was the groom's cake. Both were good, but the chocolate and butter-cream and cream-cheese frosted wedding cake was the most moist I have ever eaten.

I had two slices. Don't tell Kristen.



This is Morgan serving groom's cake.

I love the way those tires looked, but fondant icing is gross.

I'm happy for Kristen that the women who were hanging around waiting for some of that delicious cake caught it before it became a puddle on the dance floor!

Too bad you have to wait for a wedding to eat wedding cake!

No comments: