Monday, March 29, 2010

No Shame in Storebought Cake

firstcake

Cake seems to be my theme today. Only, I never shared the photos from the baby's ACTUAL birthday. It was on a Wednesday, smack dab in the middle of our school week... so I wasn't about to do the whole birthday party thing and ruin our homeschool momentum. I purchased a pre-made cake at the local grocery store and had her pop a little shamrock and leprechaun on it.

My baby was born on St. Patty's Day, so we tried to go for green, but they didn't have anything that color with buttercream icing. Buttercream is a must. So we opted for the primary colors instead. I'm sure he didn't mind. He probably thought that it tasted like heaven since he doesn't get a lot of sweets. I couldn't resist sharing this little collage of him digging in the cake like a steam shovel, and then we bathed him in the sink.

Isn't that how all first birthdays that are in the middle of the week play out?

This weekend we gave him a party so the family could join us and he could open presents and see his baby buddies. I posted all of the photos for that (including the owl cupcakes I made and pictures of the decorations) over at my 'real' blog today. Hop over and check them out!

- Heather

No comments: