This is a staple in our house. Don't judge it by the poor photo quality - it truly is a great tasting salad. I am not going to take the time to look at other people's recipes first... so if you have a suggestion, please comment!
Here's the quick Greek Salad we make almost every week at least once:
- Green Leafy Lettuce (Green Leaf, Red Leaf, or preferably - Romaine)
- Capers (Thank you God for Capers!) - and a big of the juice if you like it
- Broccoli tips (not sure if this was what the Greeks intended - but it works for us)
- Parsley Flakes (about a teaspoon or more to taste)
- Grape or Cherry Tomatoes (or chopped hothouse/garden variety)
- Circular cut sweet purple onion (if you like onion)
- Olive Oil (or grapeseed)
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Lots of semi-hard chunky Feta broken off by a fork from a block
The quality of Oil and Vinegar you use will enhance the flavor of the salad. We eat this with Italian dishes, American home cooking, Greek and Mediterranean foods, and just by itself! Viva la Greece!