Monday, October 31, 2005

Honey Rosemary Chicken

This recipe is from my friend Fallon. The recipes she has given me in the past have been super, so I am posting this one here in faith... knowing that it is probably just as good! I have made something similar to this, and I got many compliments. The only thing I have not added in is the spicey hot flavor with it. We love a little bit of hot with our sweet... so this sounds lovely! If you make it before I do (which is entirely possible since I'm living in a hotel right now), let me know how you like it! Leave me a comment!

Honey Rosemary Chicken
Serves 4

4 boneless chicken breast halves, with skin
8 garlic cloves, sliced 1/8 inch thick
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons honey
1 pint cherry tomatoes
10 4 inch fresh rosemary sprigs
1 or 2 small dried hot chiles (or I use 1 to 2 teaspoons of sesame chile oil)
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar

Preheat the oven to 425 F. In a 9 by 13 inch enameled cast iron, or glasss baking dish, toss the garlic with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes, or until sizzling but not browned.

Place the chicken on a sheet of wax paper, shin side down. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with half the honey. Remove the dish from the oven and push the garlic to the side. Arrange the chicken breasts in the hot dish, skin side up. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with remaining honey.

Surround the chicken with the cherry tomatoes, 6 of the rosemary sprigs and the dried chiles. Drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil (and sesame chile oil if you are using that instead of chiles) on top. Bake for about 25 minutes, occasionally basting with the pan juices, until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken, tomatoes & garlic to plates. Stir the vinegar into the baking dish and spoon the sauce over the chicken (I sometimes skip that step). Garnish each serving with a rosemary sprig.

3 comments:

Sprittibee said...

This was excellent. My husband said "WOW." when I pulled it out of the oven. :) I know I'll be making this again... it's one of the best things you can do with chicken breasts, and very healthy at that!

Val said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my home tour post. I couldn't find yours (you might not have been participating) but I've found this delicious looking recipe (can NEVER have enough chicken recipes). Thanks!

Sprittibee said...

Thanks Val. :) I haven't posted for the home tour since we sold our home last year (*sniff*sniff*) and have been in an apartment now for almost a year. I'm praying we get back to Texas and get another home soon.

I can attest that this is one of my very favorite recipes for chicken of all time! I have made it countless times since this was posted. It is awesome, and so-so-so easy! Hope you like it. Thanks for stopping in!