Oh, and did I mention that it is easier than brushing your teeth? Just check out this list of ingredients and the SHORT instructions. It's a keeper.
- 1/2-1 lb. Ground Beef (cooked with a package of taco seasoning - McCormick is best)
- Chopped onion fried with meat (optional)
- 1 Can (drained) Corn
- 1 Can (drained) Pinto Beans (husband prefers Ranch Style)
- 1 Can (drained) Rotel (tomatoes & green chilies)
- 2 Bags (instant) Boil-in-Bag Rice (cook per directions on box)
- 1/2 Block Velveeta Cheese (enough to put one grated layer across top)
- 1 bag/box non-sweetened cornbread mix (NO JIFFY - too sweet for this recipe)
- 1 Casserole Pan (large) - I use a glass Pyrex one, but will fit in a long throw-away foil pan
- 1 Quick spray with cooking spray in pan (or grease if you like to do it the old fashion way)
- Preheat oven to the heat recommended on your bag/box of cornbread mix
- Cook Meat
- Cook Rice
- Dump meat, rice, drained corn, drained beans, and drained Rotel into casserole dish and mix.
- Spread/sprinkle layer of grated Velveeta across the top of the mix.
- Mix cornbread per instructions on bag/box.
- Pour evenly across top of cheese and mixture.
- Bake per instructions on box of cornbread until cornbread is completely done.
- Some cheese may bubble up and brown - that's OK - just use a toothpick to test cornbread.
- When toothpick comes out of cornbread at thickest point CLEAN, it's ready!
- Chow down with some salsa and chips (dip the mixture on bottom up with chips - mmmm!)
Technorati Tags: Food, Texas, Mexican, Meals, Rice, Beans, Southwest, Recipe, Delicious, Southern, Eat, Cooking for Company, Big Meals, Cooking, Tex-Mex