Thursday, June 19, 2008

Berries and Cream

With summer here, I thought maybe I'd give you a quick, healthy, usable recipe. Well, healthy if you use the honey - not the sugar! I know I completely neglect this site, but I'm going to TRY and do BETTER. I have about four recipes that I am just itching to get in here... but haven't had time to breathe lately. Yesterday Kaden had a root canal on his #9 front tooth and we've had house guests and things to do... I assure you that Kaden's root canal had nothing to do with the fact that it was a "sweet tooth". He has cement teeth like me... but apparently they chip on playground equipment while playing dodge ball. I never really understood the concept behind dodge ball, anyway... and it certainly isn't worth thousands of dollars worth of dentistry, eh? Just to get hit by a ball in the head? Children are crazy.

OK... The recipe!

Something sweet and simple for summer... something we discovered by chance a few weeks ago after a loving family member brought us a bag full of blackberries...

Berries and Cream

Ingredients:
berries (any kind - blackberries are what we used)
2 % milk (or whole milk)
Sugar (to taste)
Honey or Agave Nectar (optional or substitute)
Vanilla (just a bit)

Tools:
French Press
Spoon and bowl for eating

INSTRUCTIONS:
Here's the trick... take your cold milk and put it in the French Press. Pump the press until the milk is foaming and creamy. Pour it into a bowl and stir in the sugar, vanilla and honey if you want it. Taste as you go to see if you like the flavor. Start with small amounts until you get the milk to taste the way you want it. Blend in the berries, mix and eat!

I was so impressed with the way the French Press creams the milk! My husband is really excited that his French Press has found a purpose. He bought it and hated the way it made coffee, but now he uses it almost daily to foam milk for his morning espresso that he makes on the stove top.

Try it and let me know what you think!

Happy summer eating!


Subscribe to Gathering Manna by Email

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

No comments: